Our exclusion criteria is as follows:
- referral not completed by a healthcare professional.
- the child or young person is not registered with a Coventry GP, unless attending a specialist school.
- young people over the age of 18.
- Talipes is the primary reason for referral (please refer to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire instead).
- Developmental Hip Dysplasia is the primary reason for referral (please refer to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire instead).
- referrals where there is no evidence that Physiotherapy input is required, including (but not limited to):
- non symptomatic flat feet
- non symptomatic in-toeing
- varus knees (bow legged)
- toe walking where there is no associated muscle tightness or gross motor difficulties
- Clinodactyly – ‘curly toes’
- brachycephaly (symmetrical flattening of the back of the head in a baby/ infant), where there is no developmental delay
- children or young people who have co-morbidities, including behavioural difficulties, where physical difficulties are not the main concern.
If you are uncertain if a child or young person meets the service’s referral criteria, please contact us to discuss.
**For children with a primary respiratory diagnosis, please refer to the respiratory page on Young Peoples Zone for more information